When Tashkent is explored, it’s time to go towards the blue domes of Samarkand! This city, which is called the “Mirror of the world”. There is the mausoleum of Tamerlane, the Shahi Zinda complex and Registan Square. Visiting Samarkand, you will learn the rich history of the city, visit the colourful bazaar and taste the best pilaf.
8 main attractions of Samarkand
Samarkand is a huge living organism and an open—air museum. We will reveal to you its rich history, tell you about the features of architecture and share the legends. The route is as follows:
- Ulugbek Observatory, built by Tamerlane’s grandson, an outstanding astronomer and mathematician of his time. You will find out what is the originality and uniqueness of this 15th century building
- Mausoleum of Khoja Daniyar, tomb of the Biblical prophet Daniel: why did Tamerlane decide to send part of the saint’s remains to Samarkand?
Shahi Zinda Mausoleum complex — 11 tombs of the ancient nobility of Samarkand, an example of fabulous oriental architecture. Some of the mausoleums are open to the public.
- The Hazret-Khizr Mosque is one of the oldest temples in Central Asia and the tomb of Islam Karimov, the first president of Uzbekistan.
Siab Bazaar. Walking through the oldest market in Samarkand, you can buy fruits, sweets, spices and handicrafts.
- Bibi-Khanim Mosque, according to legend, built in honor of Tamerlane’s beloved wife. You will reveal why the chief architect of the mosque did not want to finish work on it.
- Registan Square. In the heart of Samarkand, you will visit three madrasas of the 15th—17th centuries – Ulugbek, Tillya—Kari, Sherdor – and hear about the medieval system of education in Central Asia.
- The Gur-Emir Mausoleum is the royal tomb where the great Tamerlane himself and his sons and grandsons, the Timurids, are buried.
Visit the grand locations that Uzbekistan have to offer!
Contact us @ Russ Info Center To Book 4-Day/ 3.5 Nights tour and many more tour packages from India to Uzbekistan
Fill the form below and we’ll get back to you right away!